Grab your CEO and have lunch. Chances are, she has once started just like you. And everybody has to eat at some point. Here are some questions that are great for getting some insights on strategy, challenges, and culture — even if you only have five minutes:
- What the biggest frustration in your job?
- What’s holding you back from achieving your goals?
- Where do you feel money is being wasted?
- What motivates your co-founder / CxO?
- What’s working well?
- What changes would you make if you would have an unlimited budget?
- If your people had an additional day in the week, what would you have them work on?
- What’s the impact if … results/resources/time doesn’t align? … that plan doesn’t work? … strategy changes? … it takes longer? … it’s more expensive?
T-E-D: Tell me about … Explain to me … Describe to me …
WHY is that? [can you go five levels deep?]